Edenhouse lodge resides in a world of unrivalled charm, beauty and adventure – in the heart of the Nelson region, an idyllic place which is so much more than the city of that name.
It’s located at the top of the South Island in an area that enjoys the most sunshine hours of anywhere in New Zealand and is home to some of the most popular tourist attractions in the South Island, including The Abel Tasman National Park.
The beautiful Orinoco Valley, in which Edenhouse is located, is 45 minutes by road from Nelson Airport, towards The Abel Tasman National Park.
Edenhouse has an enviable location, it’s right in the heart of the activities and experiences unique to the Nelson and Abel Tasman region, in which guests delight.
View Larger Map
Directions to Edenhouse from Nelson airport
Leave airport via Trent Drive and then Quarantine Road. At roundabout follow directions to “Richmond/Westport Highway 6”. At the next roundabout follow “Collingwood/Westport Highway 6” to traffic lights and proceed straight ahead.
Distance from the Airport in km:
- 10.6 km Turn right at a roundabout marked “Motueka/Collingwood Highway 60” and cross “Appleby Overpass”.
- 16.9 km After crossing “Appleby Bridge” take the second left turn to “Moutere Highway”.
- 18.4km Moutere Highway takes a right hand turn with a sign pointing to “Upper Moutere”.
- 30.0 km Pass through the small township of Upper Moutere
- 42.2 km Turn left into Edwards Road (the sign is on the right hand side of the road).
- 44.9 km Turn left into Waiwhero Road.
- 52.0 km There is a church straight ahead and turn left into Thorpe-Orinoco Road.
- 54.2 km The driveway to Edenhouse (no. 213) is on the left, shortly after passing “Briar Rose Cottage”.
– Total travelling time is around 45 minutes. (Phone number: 03 526 8174)
– We suggest that visitors ignore alternative roads signposted “Orinoco”.
– NOTE: GPS address is “213 THORPE-ORINOCO ROAD, NGATIMOTI. Choose sealed road option”.
Download a PDF document that contains: A map and directions to Edenhouse Luxury Hotel accommodation from Nelson