Luxury 6 Star Accommodation – Nelson – Abel Tasman
“A unique and memorable experience available only to a few”.
Nestled in a serene valley in the heart of rural Nelson, Edenhouse is an overdue reminder of the genuine meaning of 6 star luxury in the South Island of New Zealand. This enchanting country retreat, set in fifty acres of private grounds and eight acres of internationally acclaimed gardens, may just be the finest boutique lodge you will encounter.
Edenhouse Luxury Suites and Cottage to 30 April 2019
There are two luxurious suites in the main lodge, and the beautifully appointed and very private 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom garden cottage.
All suites are air conditioned, with pure Irish linen sheets and luxury toiletries. Well stocked refrigerators, Sky televisions, and wireless internet are all included in the tariff.
The landscaped gardens are large, so as well as enjoying the sitting room, formal dining room, artists’ studio, den and library, there are several courtyard areas providing additional places to eat, drink and relax. The gardens are a cool oasis in the summer whilst open fires throughout the lodge give warmth and atmosphere in the winter months.
Accommodation configuration from 01 May 2019
From 01 May 2019, the accommodation configuration will be:
- The Garden Cottage (existing)
- The Folly (the new cottage)
- The Edenhouse Suite (the two existing Lodge Suites will become one very large suite)
All three accommodations will be in excess of 100 square metres (over 1,200 square feet), each with a large bedroom, a sitting room, 2 bathrooms and a verandah. We want each couple to have extensive space and privacy. The existing Garden Cottage will still have two bedrooms although the majority of bookings are just for one couple.
The excellence here owes everything to Peter and Bobbie Martin, who designed Edenhouse drawing on Bobbie’s skills and talents honed at the Inchbald School of Design and The English Gardening School in London. They are fully committed to taking care of guests and are assisted by a team of twelve who all live in the local valley. Edenhouse does not employ temporary or seasonal staff.
Edenhouse is finished and furnished to a very high standard with an emphasis on comfort, understated luxury and attention to detail. Edenhouse also boasts the following attributes:
- An exquisitely designed, large and relaxed property with excellent amenities
- A picturesque, quiet valley with amazing views in every direction
- Extensive grounds and landscaped gardens with many private areas for relaxing
- Delicious food and fine wine served in the formal dining room or outdoor eating areas
- Edenhouse has its own spring water
- Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and canapés
- Air conditioning
- Wireless internet access and Sky televisions
- Laundry service
- An artists’ studio
- Farm walks
- An abundance of native bird life
- Chilli, the Labrador and Guest Liaison Officer